Top best answers to the question «How long to spend in bruges and ghent»
As a minimum, we recommend 3-4 days in Belgium. With 3 days, you can briefly visit the most beautiful cities such as Brussels, Antwerp, Ghent, and Bruges. If you have 4 days, you can also visit some of the famous Belgian war sites.
Bruges deserves a minimum of 2 nights. You could break it out 2 nights and 2 full days in Bruges and 1 night and at least a half day in Ghent. Or you could do a day trip to Ghent spending three nights in Bruges. Ghent Is a 30 minute train ride from Bruges, so it makes for an easy day trip.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «How long to spend in bruges and ghent?» often ask the following questions:
😉 Are ghent and gent the same place?
Ghent is a common English spelling, Gent - a Dutch and a German one, and Gand is a French one. But because the majority of people in Ghent speak Flemish (Belgian Dutch), we'll stick with Gent, a Dutch spelling. Belgium is a small country and all its 9 provinces lie within a short train ride from Brussels.
😉 How do i spend a day in ghent?
- Start the day with breakfast at Caffè Rosario.
- Learn the history of the Castle of the Counts.
- Have a healthy delicious lunch at Boon.
- Enjoy a stroll along the Graslei and Korenlei.
- Stop for amazing views at St Michael's Bridge.
- Visit the famous St…
- Climb the Belfry of Ghent.
😉 How to spend christmas in bruges this year?
- One of the best ways to spend Christmas in Bruges is to ornament shop. You can stop over at Käthe Wohlfahrt to shop for some traditional German Christmas decorations. We ornament shopped for over an hour and spent a good amount of time admiring their impressive cuckoo clock collection.
😉 Is ghent a good alternative to bruges?
- Ghent is a great alternative to the touristy Bruges. It has all the amazing things people usually seek out in Bruges, such as lovely canals with boats and stunning architecture. In Ghent, though, everything is on a larger scale. […] Bruges is like being on a fairytale.
😉 Is it better to stay in bruges or ghent?
Ghent is a university town and has all the trappings of such: plenty of nightlife and plenty of town events catering to the student crowd. Bruges also has nightlife, of course, and sees its share of young travelers and backpackers, but Ghent definitely has more of a college town feel.
😉 What is it like to visit ghent and bruges?
- The intact medieval towns of Ghent, and Bruges are so charming." This was a very enjoyable, well-paced tour with multi-faceted experiences in culture, history, art, language, foods, and fellowship.
😉 What is the difference between ghent and genk?
- Not to be confused with Genk. Ghent ( /ɡɛnt/; Flemish: Gent [ɣɛnt] (listen); French: Gand [ɡɑ̃] (listen)) is a city and a municipality in the Flemish Region of Belgium. It is the capital and largest city of the East Flanders province, and the second largest municipality in Belgium, after Antwerp.
😉 What is there to do in bruges and ghent?
- De Halve Maan Brewery.
- Basilica of the Holy Blood.
- Church of Our Lady of Bruges.
😉 What's the difference between bruges and ghent in belgium?
- With a population of 240,000, Ghent is a thriving mid-sized city with a large university and a charming historical core. Unlike Bruges, it feels like a regular city first and a tourist destination second. By comparison, just 20,000 people live in the historic center of Bruges.
We've handpicked 6 related questions for you, similar to «How long to spend in bruges and ghent?» so you can surely find the answer!Which is better bruges or ghent?
With both historic destinations bathing in canals and medieval quaintness, touristic Bruges is spoken of as the ultimate European flashback, while larger Ghent is often hailed as being more authentic.Which is better to stay in ghent or bruges?
- Ghent has charm, but whereas Brussels is worth at least 2-3 days, Bruges 1-2 days, I would give Ghent one day including travel time from Brussels and tram from train station to the small area of interest. Stay in Ghent, in between Bruges and Brussels, so you don't have to change hotels.
Ghent is a university town and has all the trappings of such: plenty of nightlife and plenty of town events catering to the student crowd. Bruges also has nightlife, of course, and sees its share of young travelers and backpackers, but Ghent definitely has more of a college town feel.Which is the best to visit bruges ghent or antwerp?
Which is better to visit Bruges or Ghent?
- Both Ghent & Antwerp have better train connections to "elsewhere" than Bruges has. If you stayed in Ghent or Antwerp, you could take a 1 hr train to visit the "other" city as a day-trip for one of your 3 days. We visited Brussels for several hours, and the central square is the most impressive square we've visited in Europe.
- Ghent is the capital of the province of East Flanders and is much bigger than Bruges. The city has an important university and grows rapidly. Ghent grew as an important city of trade in the Middle Ages and holds this historic character even in modern times.
Where are Bruges and Ghent located in Belgium?
- Bruges and Ghent are two charming, small towns in Belgium, each just a short train ride away from Brussels. In a perfect world, Bruges and Ghent each deserve their own day for exploring.