Top best answers to the question «What is belgium»
- 1. a country in western Europe on the south shore of the North Sea and English Channel; population 11,300,000 (estimated 2015; official languages, Flemish, French, and German; capital, Brussels. Flemish name België /ˈbɛlxiːə/, French name Belgique /bɛlʒik/.
Those who are looking for an answer to the question «What is belgium?» often ask the following questions:
😉 What was belgium called before belgium?
Burgundian and Habsburg Netherlands
"Belgium" and "Flanders" were the first two common names used for the Burgundian Netherlands which was the predecessor of the Austrian Netherlands, the predecessor of modern Belgium.
😉 Belgium what continent?
What continent is Belgium in?
- Belgium is located in the western part of the continent of Europe. Belgium borders four European countries and the North Sea. The Kingdom of Belgium is a federal state in Western Europe .
- What was belgium before it was belgium?
- What do people in belgium call belgium waffles?
- What was the history of belgium before belgium?
😉 Siamu belgium what?
- The Service d'Incendie et d'Aide Médicale Urgente (SIAMU, firefighting and emergency medical assistance service) takes action in the event of fire and coordinates emergency medical assistance in the Region. It also provides first prevention and training services as well as looking after the safety of inhabitants of the Brussels-Capital Region.
We've handpicked 20 related questions for you, similar to «What is belgium?» so you can surely find the answer!What animal represents belgium?
Religion. The main religion in Belgium is Christianity, in particular Roman Catholicism, which is the largest religion in Belgium. About 58% of the population adheres to the Roman Catholic Church. Members of the Protestant and Eastern Orthodox churches together constitute around 7%.What are belgium frites?
frites is the french word for french fries. Belgium is known for its frites which if very good. It's made of special potatoes which are fried twice, the double action makes it more crunchy. It's usually being served in a cone of paper and added with a desired sauce (Mayonnaise, Cocktail. samurai Andaluse etc.) If ever in Brussels it's highly recommended to try. (and don't put ketchup on it)
Belgians. And then you have the dutch speaking side, those are the Flemish. And there are also french speaking people but I don't know how you say it in English. In flemish you say 'walen'
Where to find the best waffles in Belgium?
- Brussels. Compared to other European cities,Brussels tends to keep a low profile when it comes to food…
- Bruges. There are two different types of waffles that can claim to be the true 'Belgian waffle'…
- Liège. The other kind of waffle worth travelling for is the Liège waffle…
- Countries Bordering Belgium France. France is an independent country whose territory includes Mainland France as well as numerous overseas territories and regions. Netherlands. The Netherlands, also known as Holland together with Saba, Sint Eustatius and Bonaire form a constituent nation of the Netherlands Kingdom. Germany… Luxembourg…
Belgium has a temperate, maritime climate predominantly influenced by air masses from the Atlantic. Farther inland, maritime influences become weaker, and the climate becomes more continental, characterized by greater seasonal extremes of temperature…What climate zone belgium?
What kind of climate is found in Belgium?
- Climate zone: Moderate zone of the northern hemisphere. The climate in Belgium widely corresponds to the German weather conditions. It is cold, wet and a few beautiful summer months are also happening.
- What does a power converter for Belgium do? Power converters allow travellers to use a 100, 110 or 120 volt electric device with a 230 volt Belgian power outlet. Also known as: electrical converter, electrical transformer, voltage converter, power transformer or voltage transformer.
- Geographically, Belgium borders the Netherlands, Germany, Luxembourg and France.
- There are three countries that have colonized Belgium in the past, namely Spain, France and Germany. At that time, the territory of Belgium was still one with the Netherlands. Therefore, colonialism on Dutch land also prevailed in Belgium. World War II when Germany lost, Belgium managed to become independent in 1830.
However, the Germans knew that Britain had promised to defend Belgium under the Treaty of London of 1839. The Germans wanted the British government to ignore the Treaty of London and let the German army pass through Belgium. The British government made much of their duty to protect Belgium.What country hates belgium?
How long has Belgium gone without a government?
- Having the world record in being without government Having had 589 days without a government Belgium has made it into the Guinness book of records for country that went the longest without a government. During a long time due to the issues between the French and Dutch speaking parts they decided to go without a chosen government.
Britain was not committed to joining in the war in 1914, but did so. One of the reasons was the Treaty of London of 1839. This treaty committed Britain to protecting Belgium.What currency is belgium?
The euro banknotes and coins were introduced in Belgium on 1 January 2002, after a transitional period of three years when the euro was the official currency but only existed as 'book money'.What did belgium create?
- The Belgians and the Dutch created a revolution known as the Dutch Revolt against the tyranny leadership of Philip II in 1566. These revolts led to the drawing of the present day borders of Belgium, Netherlands and Luxembourg. Luxembourg and Belgium became known as Spanish Netherlands, with Brussels as the set capital.
- Belgium is accredited to several well-known innovations and discoveries that many people don’t know are Belgian , including oil painting, obstetrical forceps, and an encryption that makes wireless networks safe. Below is a list of even more Belgian inventions that have influenced the course of world history.
- About 80% of Belgium's trade is with fellow EU member states . The major export commodity in Belgium is the automobile, medicament mixtures put in dosage, not mounted or set diamonds. Belgium imports mainly machinery and equipment, chemicals, diamonds, pharmaceuticals, foodstuffs, transportation equipment and oil products.